Monday 23 January 2012

Carrying On.......

Carrying on with the watercolour paint and marker doodles.......  


For this piece I taped four sheets of A3 watercolour paper together to 
give me a much bigger working area.

As I find it quite hard to just doodle freely I thought it would
be a good idea to put a favourite piece of music on, close my eyes and 
do the initial watercolour doodle marks without
looking at my work too often to see what results
I would get.


So not only do I have one big piece of work, but when 
broken up I also have four smaller pieces of work
to take inspiration from as well.


This time I tried to write using an ink pen, unfortunately the ink
 bled when it was used on the watercolour paint.
So note to self.....use marker pens on these areas!!


These doodles are going to be the starting point for a series of works
on Goddesses, weather they become part of the background
or part of the Goddess bodies themselves has yet to be explored
in more depth.


In each piece you can once again see the leaf/flower form which
is the enduring theme through out all these doodles.

I love the soft green colour within all these pieces and 
leaf shape that I have chosen to use this time.









1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi Mandi

Looking good - as you say some good pieces to consider using as the starting point of fabric masterpieces.

I have yet to progress to lesson 2. I am having great fun with lesson 1 on fabric. Hopefully put some of it up on my blog later this week.