Thursday 23 July 2009

Assessment Date is Looming-The Story So Far!

I have loved this module of my course. It has been all about the things I love making...book covers, vessels, dyeing etc. My assessment piece for this module has to be 3D and I'm having such fun making it.

So far I have...........

Torn strips of fabric, cotton, lace, sheer, silks etc and bondawebbed them to pelmet vilene.


Then.......




I stitched heavily onto the surface to hold all the pieces of fabric down........





Then to finish, I created another surface layer by stamping all over with various home made stamps, spirals, dots, waves and swirls using Jacquard Textile Paints and Jacquard Lumiere Textile Paints



I'm sure you've guessed what the theme is!
You'll have to wait for the next installment to see what it turns into!





2 comments:

dot said...

Looking REALLY GOOD girl, the surface decoration is perfect.

Val said...

The piece looks brilliant Mandi - love all the textures and raw edges stamping and stitching. I clicked on each pic. for a closeup and really wanted to touch...!
Thanks for dropping by my blog - much appreciated.