Tuesday 5 August 2008

And There's More

If doing all that rust dying wasn't enough we decided to make books as well. There is a poem by Kathleen Raine that I have liked for a long time called 'Spell Of Creation' so decided that I would like to put this poem in my book. I decided on a star shaped book and set to printing onto some hand made papers.



My inner leaves and pages printed and ready to be put together



I decided to write the poem, and another one on the inside leaves where it would be almost hidden



The book put together with some extra little books hidden in the folds onto which the poem would be re-written



The book from above showing the construction and layout. Not all the pieces are attached here.



The poem written on the little booklets tucked inside.
The finished book just waiting to have its cover put on.

I feel a Christmas theme coming on for a book this shape but made in fabric!

3 comments:

maggiepatch said...

That is very clever. Where do you get these ideas from??

dot said...

Looking forward to our next one!

Val said...

Fabulous Mandi - and the poem has found a perfect home! Val