Monday 12 May 2008

Well whilst I'm on a roll I thought I would add some more bits that I have made in the past.




This is a book that I made for my sister when she went to Nepal a couple of years ago. The image above shows the book opened out so the front and back cover are visible as one complete vista.


She wanted a journal in which to record her experiences as this was a spiritual journey for her, and also one that would reflect where she was going, so I chose snow capped mountains, running water, a temple and trees and fields.


The ropes running from the edges of the temple roof to the ground even have prayer flags flapping from them, something that you will see everywhere in Nepal.

Creating texture on the surface was important so xpanda print and various threads were used to facilitate this.Last, but by no means least I added a ribbon bookmark with beads attached. Having accomplished all that I decided that the book was too beautiful to be carted around in a suitcase or a backpack so I made a box case for it to be kept in. That way, it could be carted around without getting dirty or damaged!

1 comment:

Val said...

You've been hiding your light under a thingamebob haven't you - so glad you're blogging again. Your Sister's book is amazing... Val