Tuesday 27 May 2008

Storm At Sea

I have just completed my storm at sea wall hanging. This was a piece I had started a little while ago but has since become a piece of course work. I had chosen to make a storm at sea hanging as it is one of my favourite blocks, not to mention that my dad and the chaps from the fishing club had to be rescued by the RNLI a few years ago when the fishing boat he was on broke down!




To me, the fabrics I have chosen encompass all the weather conditions you encounter out on the water, blue skies, blue seas, dark tempestuous sea, red/orange skies and misty foggy conditions.

2 comments:

Val said...

It is beautiful Mandi - perfectly pieced too - and hand quilted? Love your choice of colours - the reds work really well. Val

dot said...

Looks absolutely great,i agree with Val the fabrics work really well. Very tastefully photographed too!!